Ahh, Sunday mornings. You either hate them or love them. For me, I have decided to turn over a new leaf and try to like them.
I am starting a new job tomorrow at a P.R. firm, so it will be my first actual adult job post college, which is super exciting and I have also decided to really grow my blog, so lots of new responsibilities. This means that Sundays will be my day to prepare for the week and to catch up on anything I might have missed.
Turning over this new leaf, I wanted to do something that was specific just to Sunday’s, that is where Smoothie Sunday’s started. I make smoothies almost every day but on Sunday’s I will share a new recipe.
I found a smoothie recipe book at Barnes and Noble called, “Healthy Smoothie Recipe Book: Easy Mix-and-Match Smoothie Recipes for a Healthier You” by Jennifer Koslo. I really like this book because it divides each section into smoothies that do different things for you like detox or immune support just to name a few.
I decided to go with the smoothie recipe, “Matcha Morning” because it look really good and also because I basically had all of the ingredients.
These are of my ingredients that I gathered from my kitchen.
- 1/4 cup of unsweetened almond milk; I really like Trader Joe’s unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/2 cup of Greek yogurt; I use Fage Total
- 1 cup of frozen bananas; the original recipe calls for 1/2 cup but I love to use lots of frozen banana chunks in smoothies because they make the smoothie super creamy
- 1/2 cup of spinach; the original recipe calls for frozen spinach but I didn’t have any on hand
- 1/4 cups of rolled oats; I use Target’s rolled oats
- 1/4 cup of chopped almonds
- 2 teaspoons of matcha powder; I use Nature’s Truth Stone Ground matcha green tea powder
- 1 cup of ice
- 1/2 cup of frozen mango chunks (not in original recipe)
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract (not in original recipe)
The smoothie takes around 3 minutes to blend together. My altered recipe made about a glass and a half of smoothie and it was super filling. I definitely recommend this recipe if you have a little more time on your hands because it does take a few minutes to gather everything together.