Easy to make and yummy. What more could you ask for?
Yummy, blueberry goodness
Alright, raise your hand if you love cookies. Now, raise your other hands if you like blueberries.
If you have both hands raised and you’re staring at you phone/computer screen, you look crazy and hopefully no one sees you!
Kidding, I love it, raise those hands!
All jokes aside, I have always adored a good cookie as well as the tasty flavor of blueberries. So I thought, why not combine them! This is how I came up with these delicious, spongy, blueberry cookies! These cookies are packed with great flavor as well as the powerful antioxidant properties of blueberries.
- 1½ cups of all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup frozen wild blueberries, thawed
- 2 tablespoons of fresh lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray two cookie sheets with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl or stand mixer, beat sugar, butter, and canola oil together until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg and vanilla, mix to combine.
- In a small blender, blender together milk and blueberries until smooth.
- Add ⅓ of flour mixture to wet ingredients, followed by ⅓ of milk, and mix to combine. Repeat two more times until all flour and milk is used.
- Scoop batter, two tablespoons at a time into 12 circles about 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or edges are light brown.
Pin this recipe to your Pinterest account for easy access to this yummy recipe. Also, make sure to follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook and sign up for my newsletter to receive weekly updates from me!